Important note about unavailabilities
Linked listings don't sync unavailability markers, only confirmed bookings.
Continue reading to get an understanding of how linked listings work and how you can use the feature. Click here for instructions on how to link listings on Uplisting.
Examples and how to's
1. Rent an entire property and rooms/properties within
If you rent an entire property and the rooms within, you can use the linked listings feature to sync availabilities.
How to block an entire property when one or more child listings are booked
- Open the linked listing settings on the entire property and select the individual child listings that will mark the entire property as unavailable when a booking comes in
- Done! Availabilities sync both ways. If the entire property is booked, then any linked child listings will be marked as unavailable
2. Rent an entire property and one or more nested properties within
Uplisting linked listings offer great flexibility for nested properties.
In some cases, you may have an entire property, with individual child listings, where one or more child listings also has linked child listings. Uplisting's linked listings can cater for this use case.
When ROOM1B is booked in the image below, APT1 and Master are marked as unavailable. ROOM1A and APT2 are left open.
How to block nested properties
- As above, open the linked listing settings on the entire property and select the individual child listings that will mark the entire property as unavailable when a booking comes in
- Open the linked listings settings on the child listing that has it's own child listings and select those listings
3. Two or more listings of the same property
Uplisting also allows you to link properties in series. Those of you with duplicate listings of the same property can use linked listings to mark dates as unavailable when any of the others is booked.
ℹ️ There is no limit to the number of listings you can link in series. You can also link properties across multiple Airbnb, Booking.com and other booking site accounts.
When APT2 is booking In the image above, APT1, APT3 and APT4 are marked as unavailable.
How to link listings in series:
- Choose a listing and select all dependent listings on the linked listings panel
- Repeat for all duplicates